3-D printing, or additive manufacturing, has become increasingly popular and economical in recent years. Both businesses and consumers are taking advantage of affordable 3-D printing technology to create products and prototypes that are durable, functional and innovative.
3-D printing requires two things — a printer and a raw material. While an effective printer is essential, quality raw materials are just as important. As a result, there is a growing market for vibratory separators that can refine and screen out impurities commonly found in 3-D printing materials. That’s where VibraScreener™ comes in.
Common 3-D Printing Materials
Different applications and 3-D machines use a variety of raw materials. Some of the most common include:
- Powdered metals and metal alloys
- Thermoplastics and thermoset plastics
Many of the above materials are sold in powder form and heated as part of the printing process. As with anything, the quality of a finished product will depend heavily on the purity of the materials that go into it. For this reason, effective screening machines are essential.
Whether you are looking to improve the quality of your product for end users, or are a manufacturer looking for an additional safeguard against impurities, a vibratory screener is an important investment that will help you meet your goals.
Vibratory Screening With the Ranger Separator™
The Ranger Separator™ is an advanced vibratory separator that is ideal for use with plastics, ceramics, metal powders and other 3-D printing materials. It has been designed to quickly process high volumes of powder with exceptional accuracy. Key features include:
- A set of four rubber suspension mounts that isolate vibrations and allow more force to be applied to the screening media
- A low profile that belies its high-capacity performance, making it easier to clean and saving floor space in your facility
- The Quick Adjust™ weight system that allows for precise control over the unit’s settings, leading to improved accuracy with less downtime
- A low noise level that makes it suitable for use in smaller facilities
- A variety of available screening media for processing 3-D printing materials of different shapes and sizes
Market Growth With Screener Machines
As 3-D printing becomes more popular, there will continue to be a need for equipment that helps organizations improve quality control. The Ranger Separator™ is one of several vibratory screeners offered by VibraScreener™ that is positioned to play a key role in this growing market segment.
To learn more, or for assistance choosing the right combination of screener and media for your needs, contact one of our representatives directly using our contact form. If you have further questions about how the vibratory screening or sieve process works, use our talk to an expert form!